Friday, June 14, 2013

In my quiet times with the Lord the last several years, consistently reading through Proverbs has been a staple of my Scripture plan.  I've always thought the first chapters were in fact more personal and focused on a relationship between a father and his son (namely Solomon and say Jereboam?).  Now that I've been studying more in depth, there is definitely a change of pace between chapter 9 and chapter 10.  I love how a whole new set of ideas are confronting me, like for instance, how the first 9 chapters set up the wisdom statements that follow starting in chapter 10.  There is definitely a foundation created in those first 9 chapters that I never really considered.  Once again, everytime we study, we find new gems in the Scriptures!  What other book is like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment